Saturday, February 9, 2013

Strength


I am officially a crossfitter! I made it through the essential classes, and graduated through the tedious WOD known as FRAN ( 21-15-9 thrusters and pull ups). It was brutal to say the least, but when I finished, and total, complete strangers congratulated me, it finally clicked as to what kind of life I would have because of this journey I was becoming apart of. 

For roughly four years, I have been dealing with the repercussions of a situation I was in for three years,mostly I had become a very shy, quiet, anxiety filled person. I didn't know how to talk to people, and the mere thought of meeting new people would send my anxiety into a fritz and I would shut down. 
Since joining crossfit and being so welcomed by an entire group of strangers,I feel myself becoming more open, not only at crossfit, at work, meeting new people, or even catching up with old friends. I'm starting to realize that despite some flaws, I am pretty awesome! I deserve to have a good life, to be able to believe in myself, but most importantly, I'm learning to not care what other people think or say. I am who I am, those who love me, love me, and those who don't won't. It is such a liberating feeling to know that I am finally putting myself first, my health and happiness. 

"You feel your strength in the experience of pain.” 
― Jim Morrison

 I've spent a lot of time reflecting on who I was then, who I am now, and who I will become tomorrow, and I've come to one hauling conclusion: pain will make me stronger. Everything I went through four years ago has allowed me to reach this point today where I can walk into my box and push myself through physical hell.  Every time I want to give up, I unlock this treasure chest of bad memories and tell myself  " if I can get through 3 years of abuse, I will get through this".  I find myself pushing beyond my limit because I have been on that edge so many times before. Pain is not the enemy. Pain is what makes me grow, gives me strength, courage, and appreciation.  Pain is what is allowing me to discover myself, create myself, and change myself, not only physically but mentally and spiritually. Im generally in a better mood daily as well, whenever something negative tries to creep in, I remind myself of the WODs and the things I accomplish there, because when you accomplish stuff in the box, what you can do out in the World is an endless possibility. 

Today I am grateful for some SNOW finally!  It has been a pretty mild winter, although I don't mind it, I am thrilled to have at least one big blizzard! Snow makes everything look more peaceful, and I love taking pictures of it. I plan to be up for the sunrise and capture some pictures of the untouched snow before everyone wakes up and continues about their lives :) . What are you grateful for this week?

xxx,
Hippie_Roots


No comments:

Post a Comment