Monday, February 18, 2013

Foundation

    The last week has been filled with things and people from my past, and it's funny because life always has a way of throwing curve balls at me when I start to make progress. Instead of getting  mad, or upset that certain people were and always will critize me for changing my life, I decided I was going to address these people in a mature way, and ignore them all together. I have come to the conclusion that if I don't feed into the bullshit anymore, I completely take away anyones power to disrupt me. I am starting to build a better foundation of who I am, and who I want to become in the long term, and short term, which has allowed me to start understanding what I do and do not have time for. I've become so much happier knowing that all the power to be happy, successfull, sad, angry, etc. lies within me, no longer am I controlled by other people's words and actions.
     I have allowed myself to take the daring step of surrounding myself by only people who bring themselves up and those around them; positive vibes. The people who I have met recently are some of the cooliest, most amazing people I have ever met. On a daily basis, these people spend their time focusing on their weakness, and working on them until they become strengths. They uplift those who need it, and push each other past whatever limits we set for ourselves. In one month all of these people have helped to change my life for the better. These are people I can go to for advice, for help, for a laugh, a cry. We go to the box and work out together, but can also go out to eat and have fun. We all talk to each other through out the day, posting things to make each other laugh, inspire eachother, or push someone the extra mile. In five years, I finally feel like I've found a place where I belong. I am starting to build a strong foundation for the person I am, and all the I will become... I am so excited!

Today I am grateful for the date I went on last night. It was so different being taken out on a date with a real man. You know, one with a real job, goals, healthy hobbies. It was nice to be taken out and paid for, and treated like a woman. I have been working my ass off between work and crossfit, so getting out and spending time with someone was really nice! I noticed also, how much more open I was this time around. The first date I went on with this guy I was still really shy, quiet, and nervous. I was confident, out going, and just myself. It made me really grateful for the person I am, and the hard work I have put in to get to this point in life.

What are you grateful for?


xxx,
hippie_roots

No comments:

Post a Comment