Sunday, January 20, 2013

Challenges

“When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.” ― Paulo Coelho

Have you ever had the feeling in the pit of your stomach, knowing that something good is taking place? That uncomfortable feeling of accepting the growth that comes with a challenge? I am currently accepting one of the greatest and scariest challenges of my life, HEAD ON!
I had crossfit twice since my last post, and I wanted to wait until I got the full experience of a week as a beginner to write about it. If I had to sum up my experience in one word it would be UNCOMFORTABLE....uncomfortable in one of the most amazing ways. I know it sounds crazy, but once you experience this kind of moment, you will understand what I am talking about.

In the past week I have pushed myself further than I have in a long time not only physically, but mentally. I have so much energy, and am able to get a good nights rest, finally. I have been so sore from working out my muscles in such a foreign way that my biggest obstacle each day is getting in and out of my car. It sounds funny, but if that is the biggest obstacle each day, I'll take it! I already find my posture fixing itself, especially in my back and shoulders, because I am so sore, I am forced to hold myself up properly, which makes me hold my head up right, high, facing the World.
In the past week, I already feel like I am a part of something bigger than myself. People I don't even know yet cheer me on, fix my form, encourage me to push it out, face myself, challenge myself. In one week, my perception of my life, of the World I live in has changed. The World is a cold, cruel, and scary place sometimes, so it is important to find a good, positive support system and that is exactly what crossfit is. I found a great video that explains crossfit and why it is so addictive, and fun to be apart of. Check it out! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mlVrkiCoKkg


What Am I grateful for (day 2)
I am grateful and inspired by the fact that yesterday I ran 3 - 400mm without stopping. The people who know me, know how much running and I do not get along, at all! The second the word run, ran off of my trainer Rick's lips, I could feel my heart sink. Throughout yesterday's WOD ( work out of the day) I reminded myself that all I had to do was push myself hard enough to finish, although the time on the clock is important, it's not the most important thing. What's important is looking yourself in the face and getting over the fear of failing, than what you can accomplish will amaze you!

What are you grateful for, or inspired by today?
Have you challenged yourself physically or mentally lately? If so,how?


Hope you all have a wonderful weekend :)

xxx,
Hippie_Roots




No comments:

Post a Comment