Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Balance

Balance is one of the biggest things I strive for in my life. I am a libra, so by nature I am constantly trying to balance my life, relationships, work, school, job etc. When things are out of balance, it usually throws me into a whirl of unsettled, restlessness. I start to eat poorly, not sleep, and my overall attitude about things is more negative.

I've really been pushed to my limit in the past two weeks. My mom having this surgery has put a huge weight on top of everyone's shoulders. I felt so shitty last week because I missed crossfit 3 days in a row. Crossfit has become my source of happiness, my hard work, my anger, my push and drive through daily life, so when I can't make it to the box, I get pissed off. What I concluded though was that getting angry was just another form of an excuse for me. I need to harden up, and if I can't go to crossfit after work, then I need to wake my ass up in the morning and go at 6.

Realistically life is always going to be hard, there will always be bills to pay, people who do not agree with me and things I have to do that I would rather not. Finding a balance between the hard things and the things I love in life has to be consistent. If crossfit is my passion, and drive, then I need to get there, no matter what the circumstances.


“Life is a balanced system of learning and evolution. Whether pleasure or pain; every situation in your life serves a purpose. It is up to us to recognize what that purpose could be.”
― Steve Maraboli

So far crossfit has taught me a very important life lesson , and that is ... Can I stand up when the weight of the world is literally on my shoulders? In life, just like in crossfit, getting pulled down by the weight is easy, it's standing back up that shows your strength! Do you have what it takes to stand the weight back up? Are you able to fail, and fail, and fail until you succeed? The stronger you get, the more weight life puts in your shoulders. It never gets easier, you just get better!

Coming to this conclusion, this perspective, this link between crossfit and my life has allowed me to face myself and fears and deal with life, instead of running from it. Step by step I am learning to balance my life, to love what I do and do what I love, and I have to tell you...it feels amazing!

What I am grateful for...

I am grateful I got to see my mom tonight! She is still in the hospital recovering but doing and looking A LOT better! It's been so different without having her home, and I really miss her! However, I am excited for her to come home, and this new journey of her life to take place!

Later on in the week I will be talking about the Paleo Challenge we started for crossfit and posting a before picture, so make sure you stop back and check it out!


xxx,
hippie_roots


This is me doing a 63# squatclean



No comments:

Post a Comment